The CPM Mechanics Course offered by the ICS-Institute is without doubt the most comprehensive, thorough, understandable, and immediately-useful program of study ever presented about the Critical Path Method. The CPM Mechanics Course is an eighteen-unit, online, self-paced course of study designed for anyone who wants to know how the Critical Path Method really works at its functional core.
You Set the Pace
Since the CPM Mechanics Course is online and self-paced, you proceed when it is convenient for you. If work or personal demands become overbearing, you will not fall behind; you can postpone Course effort until you are good and ready.
You Set the Intensity of the Course
As for the intensity of the effort that the Course will require of you — well, you decide that, too. It all depends on what you seek to take away from the Course.
- If you are just after the knowledge (not necessarily the accolades) then you want to sign up for the CPM Mechanics Certificate Course. You will receive a prestigious Certificate of Completion issued by the ICS-Institute for Construction Project Time Management Studies, and signed by the course Instructor.
- But if you need to earn PDUs (Professional Development Units) or CEUs (Continuing Education Units), then you want to sign up for the CPM Mechanics Credit Course. You will qualify for either 20 or 40 Professional Development Units (PDUs), depending on the Activity Level at which you take the course.
For more information about earning Professional Development Units, click here.
Who Should Take the CPM Mechanics Course?
There is little doubt in our minds that the CPM Mechanics Course will dramatically improve the professional performance of the following key members of the Project Team:
Project Managers * General Superintendents * Project Owners * Construction Managers * Owner’s Representatives * General Contractors * Architects and Engineers * Claims Consultants * Construction Lawyers * Educators and Trainers * Planner and Schedulers and other Project Controls personnel.
Of all of these players, it was the Project Manager and General Superintendent, more than any others, that the author had most directly in mind when he wrote CPM Mechanics. For these are the folks who actually run the project. In the final analysis, the Project Schedule is a Project Execution Strategy and, as such, is the central tool of Project Management.
About The ICS-eCademy
The ICS-Institute of Construction Scheduling Studies operates an online Learning Center called the ICS-eCademy, where students and instructors interact in a members-only environment. The ICS-eCademy is powered by TalentLMS, a world-class online course management system. For the most part, the CPM Mechanics Course is administered at the ICS-eCademy Study Center. Students taking any ICS-Institute courses are given a username and password, which grants them full access to the portions of the ICS-eCademy pertaining to their educational pursuits.
The CPM Mechanics Course Not for the Faint of Heart
The CPM Mechanics Course may be taken for credit or for Certificate of Completion. Be aware — the for credit version is a lot of hard work. So if you do not have the time or commitment required to earn that credit, then we suggest that you either postpone the Credit Course for another time, or consider taking the Certificate Course instead. To understand the performance requirements needed to earn formal credits through the CPM Mechanics Course, click here.
What Does the CPM Mechanics Course Cost?
We offer two pricing structures; one for Individuals and another for Businesses.
- Individual Pricing: Individual rates are the lowest, and represent a significant value. Whether you merely want the knowledge, or wish to bolster your resume, or even if you need to earn PDUs … either the Credit or Certificate models will be right for you. The Credit Course is only $1,500, whereas the Certificate Course is $1,000.
- Business Pricing: Business rates are higher than the Individual rates, but they offer greater value in turn. In addition to the valuable course content, Business customers enjoy these free benefits as part of the course tuition:
- Real Project Consulting: Your course instructor will provide five (5) hours of free Project Time Management consulting on real projects, to show you how to apply what you have learned to real-world situations.
- L.A.N.D. Program: One of ICS-Scheduling’s most popular scheduling services in the L.A.N.D. Program, which stands for Logic and Network Development. Under this program, a senior-level scheduling consultant will spearhead your company’s effort to develop a CPM schedule on a new project. As a Business customer, you will receive a 10% discount on L.A.N.D. Program services.
- Book: A hard cover copy of the course text, CPM Mechanics, signed by the author.