CPM Mechanics is an essential text that discusses issues at the very epicenter of both Construction Project Management and the ICS-Compendium, which seeks to guide Construction Project Time Management.
Its Importance to Construction Project Management
CPM Mechanics is at the very epicenter of overall Project Management. Consider this:
- Projects don’t just happen; they are managed.
- Project Management entails many areas of managerial focus, but none is more important to ultimate project success that Project Time Management.
- Project Time Management is achieved through a wisely conceived and skillfully delivered Project Execution Strategy.
- Project Execution Strategy is depicted in a Project Schedule that is used as both a statement of intentions and a basis for performance regulation.
- The Project Schedule must be dynamic, capable of expanding and contracting to reflect the realities of the ever-changing project condition.
- The Critical Path Method is the proven technology for depicting and reflecting the Project Execution Strategy.
- Creation of a credible, coherent, and workable CPM-based schedule requires a complete understanding of how the Critical Path Method works “under the hood.”
- CPM Mechanics provides that understanding better than any other book on the market!
Its Importance to the ICS-Compendium
CPM Mechanics is the cornerstone of the ICS-Compendium. Consider this:
- The ICS-Compendium is comprised of ten volumes, grouped into three series of texts.
- The Reference Series exists to augment the other two Series.
- The Cognitive Project Management Series provides advanced concepts, and presupposes a full understanding of the Dominant Project Management Series.
- The Dominant Project Management Series contains four titles, the first and most fundamental of which is CPM Mechanics.