Effective Construction Project Management
Understanding how the Critical Path Method works at its core is essential to successful Construction Project Management. The very central engine that drives successful Construction Project Management is the Project Schedule, which is the mutually agreed-upon Project Execution Strategy for the Project Team. It is created, communicated, and implemented (as a key Project Management tool) using the Critical Path Method.
- Project As we all know, successful projects don’t “just happen.”
- Project Management Project Management skillfully and meticulously micromanages every little detail, leaving nothing to chance.
- Project Time Management Of the nine Knowledge Areas comprising a Project Manager’s daily attention, none is more important to a Project’s ultimate success than Project Time Management.
- Planning & Scheduling Without Planning & Scheduling, performed very well, successful Projects are just a case of good luck. The role of the Project Schedule is to help formulate, optimize, communicate, and guide a coherent Project Execution Strategy. After 50 years of trial and error have determined that the Critical Path Method (CPM) is the best choice among all available technologies to depict and communicate a Project Execution Strategy.
- CPM Mechanics Conclusion? Learn all you can about CPM Mechanics.
Just What is CPM Mechanics?
Is it a book, a “Book Club” discussion, or a course of study? Answer: it is as much or as little as you want it to be.
- Learning Option 1 (Read): ICS-Publications gives you CPM Mechanics, a book about the raw fundamentals of the Critical Path Method. This is a nearly 500-page text that is filled with over 225 color illustrations, an extensive Index and Table of Contents, and a Crawl-Walk-Run presentation style. No wonder this is the fast-selling book on the Critical Path Method.
- Learning Option 2 (Discuss): ICS-Institute hosts the CPM Mechanics Symposium (on LinkedIn); an interactive “book club” where you will find public discourse based on that ground-breaking book! According to the dictionary, a symposium is “a meeting or conference for the discussion of some subject; a collection of opinions expressed by several persons on a given subject.” So, why go it alone? Instead, read a chapter … and then see what your friends and colleagues have to say about the same subject matter. In turn, leave your own comments for others to discover. Best of all, it is free!
- Learning Option 3 (Study): ICS-eCademy offers the CPM Mechanics Course: an eighteen-unit, online, self-paced academic offering. Start or complete the course according to your schedule. Begin any time and take as long as you need to. The instructor is the actual author of the underlying textbook, CPM Mechanics.
To learn more about these three Learning Options, click here.
So What Are You Waiting For?
When it comes to learning the Critical Path Method, once and for all … this website presents you with the broadest possible range of Learning Options. Surely, one of them will satisfy your crowded calendar, tight training budget, and personal need for continuing education.
Value: If cost is your barrier, it isn’t anymore! Where else can you participate in an eighteen-session Town Hall Discussion for free? Where else can you take an 18-Unit online Course (for credit) for only $1,500 — and right now, for a limited time, only $1,350?
Convenience: All three Options are available without leaving the comfort of your home or office. It doesn’t get better than that!
Quality: Taught by a world-class authority on the Critical Path Method and based on the #1 best-selling book on the Critical Path Method fundamentals, you are assured of the highest quality education.
If ever you were serious about learning how the Critical Path Method really works “under the hood” then ACT NOW!